Monday, February 4, 2008

Yeah, I said it was a tragedy!

Well, I guess all of you (meaning both of you) want to hear my reaction to this past weekend's "big game." I know most of you are carefree and happy today because my team lost and I couldn't be happier for you. No, really. If having me throw up in my mouth every 15 minutes is what it takes for all of you to be happy than I guess I'll just sack up and take it.

I was pretty confident coming into this game. When it comes down to it, I'm not a cocky fan, I get nervous as hell every game but I could swear they were going to pull it out at the end. Still when the game ended and the scoreboard read "Domincan Republic #2 2, Mexico 1 F/11" I couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway here are my post game thoughts from Game #3 of pool play in the Caribbean World Series.

-Why on earth did Homer Rojas leave Nelson Figueroa out there to pitch the 10th inning? Listen, I love Figs just as much as the next Yaquis de Obregon fan but the kid can only give you so much. He pitched a great game for nine innings then Rojas pulls a Grady Little and leaves him out there. Yes, he only gave up a Matt Tupman single and then Adrian Ramirez was able to get out of the jam but it screwed up the bullpen and eventually led to Jose Bautista's sacrifice fly in the 11th. I can't wait to hear Kornheiser and Wilbon break down Rojas' decision ad nasuem for the next two weeks.

-What happened to the Yaquis offense. These guys won the Mexican League and are now playing for the Caribbean championship, how do they only score one run when Figs was hurling b.b.'s Seriously they made Jose Mercedes look like Greg Maddux out there.

-I don't think it is acceptable for a team with as much speed as Yaquis to ground into two double plays. It seemed like every time they got something going whoever came up next would shit the bed.

Well that's enough painful memories for a while. At least it was just their second game of pool play. Hopefully my boys will bounce back against Venezuela today and get this awful taste out of my mouth.

No comments: