Friday, March 28, 2008

Most Random Post of All-Time

I have no idea why I am writing this or why I even thought of this right now but this is something I had been meaning to tell someone only I just kept forgetting.

During my sophomore year of college I needed to take a one credit bibliography course for my journalism degree. It was a painfully boring class; pretty much it was a librarian showing us how to use the library's website for an hour a week. It was the only class in which I have ever, in my entire academic career, fallen asleep (which was incredibly disorienting, by the way). Anyway as Mr. Librarian is cruising around the website I noticed a time stamp on the bottom of a page stating when it had last been modified. It read September 11th, 2001. Now I was kinda bugging out but I figured that the professor who had modified it had done it early in the morning before anything had gone down but to my amazement it said something like 11:34 a.m. So that means the professor (and head of the Journalism School) had been modifying a bibliography page on how to properly cite magazine articles in a scholarly paper right in the middle of when everything was happening (11:34 a.m. on September 11th, 2001). This isn't criticizing him at all, it was just curious as hell. I meant to ask him about it at some point but I'm not a big fan of talking about that day (other than this one anecdote that is absolutely mind-blowing which I may share here at some point) and I didn't want to open a can of worms. Anyway I was just hit with this memory and I figured it was time to share it with the world.

Weird, very very weird.

No comments: