Friday, November 30, 2007

Aftermath from Celtics Prison Rape of Knicks

Wow. I can't even begin to describe what happened last night in the Celtics 104-59 destruction of the Knicks. It was unbelievable. I think New York had more airballs than made field goals. I was obviously happy that the Celtics won but as a "supporter with an emotional attachment" to the Knicks I was disappointed (especially because I had Z-Bo and Eddy Curry in fantasy and they went like 3-of-62 from the field).

Also, tonight I have an interesting decision: the C's are on ESPN at Miami and the Knicks are home against a surprisingly good Bucks team. I think the C's game will be close but there is a 25% chance Isiah is immediately fired after the game or a Knick walks off the floor during play. I think I'll just flip back and forth (unless, of course, Gus Johnson and Clyde are calling the NYK game).

Anyway let's see how my predictions for last night held up:

Total Score
Predicted: Boston 104 New York 86
Actual: Boston 104 New York 59

Well I hit the C's score right on the head. That has to be worth something, right? I don't think there is anyone in the world who could have predicted that type of offensive (and offensive) let down from the Knicks. (NO CHECK.)

Stats- (predicted in italics, actual in bold)

OK, I think I did a pretty decent job considering that the starters played like 20 minutes and not at all in the fourth.

Random Predictions:

-Z-Bo's lack of hustle getting back on D is obvious at least 3 times. (CHECK) He probably loafed 6-7 times and would continued to do so if not for the fact that he intentionally got in foul trouble so he wouldn't have to play anymore.

-KG grabs a billion rebounds. (CHECK) I know he only had 11 but he only played 23 minutes. If he had played his normal 35 or so he would have almost 20 ball boards.

-Marbury shoots less than 35% from the field. (CHECK). Starbury was 2-of-6 (33%) from the floor.

-Isiah has that puzzled smirk on his face midway through the 2nd quarter. (NO CHECK) It happened about 4 minutes into the first quarter.

-There is no way the Celtics lose. Put every cent you have on C's -12.5. (CHECK) Man, I should've really put some money on this game. I hope someone out there did.

Oh and take the over (208) in the Houston-Golden State game. (NO CHECK) Damn it was real close though 113-94 (207). Some books did have it at 207 so maybe you got lucky and pushed.

Well, I think I did alright overall considering the circumstances. I bet the Knicks feel like they need a shower right now.




No comments: