Wednesday, October 31, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Ted Hates America

So Ted's post below says the Spanish hate freedom because they acquitted seven of the 28 people involved in a 2004 train bombing. I don't get his point. These people were given a presumably fair trial, most were found guilty and sentenced to like a combined 40,000 years (seriously, I am not joking about that number), and some were found not guilty. What's wrong with that? Listen, I'm sure the prosecutor tried as hard as he could to convict all 28 but when it came down to it there wasn't enough evidence. Ted acts like he knows something the Spanish prosecutor didn't. Yeah maybe one of the guys was caught on tape saying something very incriminating but it wasn't used for whatever reason and he was acquitted on a technicality and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING is more American than being found not guilty because of a technicality.

Shit, every 4th of July after I down a sixer of Budweiser and eat an entire apple pie covered with American cheese I go out, get arrested, then spend thousands of dollars on a high-priced lawyer to get me off on a technicality because I feel that is what the Founding Fathers would want me to do. Call me crazy but if a court of law finds you not guilty that means you're not guilty, end of story. And its not like they didn't sentence 21 people to the maximum penalty.

To quote Otter from Animal House: "Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!"

Click here for a link to the story from the BBC

No comments: